Friday, March 30, 2012

Controlling Odors

There are many reasons you could have odors in your home or office. They could come from things such as cooking, pets, a plumbing leak, smoking, and many more. Getting rid of these odors sometimes can be a challenge. However, there are a couple things to remember when trying to get rid of odors.

The most important rule of odor removal is to first remove the "source" of the odor. For example, I received a call several years ago to clean up some dog poop in a home. On the phone with the customer I was under the impression the "pile" had already been removed. However, when I arrived the pile had not been removed and there was cans of different kinds of cleaners and air freshener around the pile. I was then quickly reminded of the first rule of odor control, to remove the source. Unfortunately, for me though this was a big dog and I needed a shovel. Not something we usually carry on the carpet cleaning truck.

Sometimes removing lingering odors after the source is removed can be tricky, but the best place to start is at the source and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment